Exercise is one word we’ve heard all too many times, and for good reason too as it helps us burn calories and fat and makes us live healthier lives.
It doesn’t only affect positive physical change, but mental ones too. Unfortunately, in today’s world, many people find it hard to exercise regularly as we’re all busy working to make a living. The truth though is that the more physical activity you can get into your daily schedule, the more wholesome you’ll become.
That said, here are the top five benefits of regular exercise:
- It makes you happier: This might sound strange to some, but regular exercise does in fact make you happier. It’s been scientifically proven that regular exercise increases brain sensitivity which relieves the feeling of depression and regulates stress and anxiety.
- It helps you control your weight: Along with eating a proper and balanced diet, regular exercise helps you control your weight and avoid obesity. To put it into context, a good diet will reduce your calorie intake and metabolism rate, which in turn delays weight loss. When you exercise while dieting however, it increases your metabolic rate, which makes you burn more calories and lose weight.
- Reduces your risk of heart diseases: Regular exercise strengthens your heart and improves your overall blood circulation. It also reduces your blood pressure, increases oxygen levels in your body and protects against risks of heart diseases such as coronary artery disease and heart attack.
- It builds strong muscles and bones: Physical activities like planks, sit-ups and weightlifting can help stimulate muscle building. The more you grow, the likelier you are to lose body mass and function, and as such, physical exercise is important to help you build body mass, reduce muscle loss and maintain strength even as you age.
- Helps you sleep: Yes, exercise helps you sleep. Regular exercise can help to stabilize your mood and decompress the mind, and help you have deeper sleep which then gives your body a chance to rejuvenate.